October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but cancer won’t be celebrating one little bit if we have anything to say about it!
While we’ve made amazing strides in educating women to get tested, better medications to help alleviate the side effects of treatments, less invasive surgical procedures and post-surgery recovery and reconstructions, still there is so much more work to be done.
Breast Cancer is the second most common cancer among women across the globe. Here at SLH, we take that seriously. Many of us here have supported loved ones, lost friends and are ourselves breast cancer survivors. For these reasons, we applaud the fashion and beauty industry brands that have come together to create products whose proceeds help support those organizations fighting against this terrible disease. As part of that fight, here are a few of those we think you’ll like.
And while there are many companies out there promoting, not all of them donate. All the brands listed here do! We’ve included the percentage of the proceeds given, as well as the organization receiving.
We hope you find something here you like. If you do, we have links to purchase. If you don’t find anything you like, we hope you will donate to the organizations helping combat this epidemic…
Whether you’re a survivor, supporting a loved one or just giving voice to the cause, these organizations can help you show it off in style. Bring out that Warrior for all to see and let them know exactly where you stand – tall & proud!
Shop This Look : [from Left to Right]
- NYDJ Marilyn Straight Jeans $109.00 ($10 from every purchase goes to Keep A Breast Foundation)
- SU2C Survivor Hat $26.99 (100% proceeds goes to Stand Up To Cancer research programs),
- True Religion Breast Cancer Awareness Slim Tee $59.00 (15% of proceeds donated to American Cancer Society)
- Durango Pink Ribbon Lady Rebel Women’s Cowboy Boots $164.99 ($2.00 from every purchase goes to Breast Cancer Research)
COSMETICS FOR THE CURE
These brands show it’s time to give Cancer some serious lip, clean its clock and keep you looking good while doing it.
Shop This Look: [from Left to Right]
- Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Breast Cancer Awareness Limited Edition Eau de Parfum, 3.4-oz. $120.00 (20% of SRP from sale of product goes to Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair W/Pink Ribbon Bracelet Limited Edition Collectible $100.00 (20% of SRP from sale of product goes to Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
- Bobbi Brown 2-Pc. Proud To Be Pink Lip Color Set $45.00 ($24.00 donation to Breast Cancer Research Foundation from each purchase)
- Origins 2-Pc. Breast Cancer Awareness Limited Edition Blooming Bold Lipstick Set $20.00 (100% of the purchase price of set goes to Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
- Le Metier de Beaute Neimam Marcus Exclusive BC Awareness Kaleidoscope $23.00 (30% of total sales donated to breast cancer research and awareness centers)
- Bumble And Bumble Pink Ribbon Thickening Spray $30.00 (20% of SRP from sale of product goes to Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
Add some bling to your crusade and show the world strength can be beautiful…and sparkly! Check out our Editors Pick, the Strong Survivor Gold Pendant from Golden Thread. The pendant can be personalized for that amazing survivor in your life (a loved one or yourself!) with a special date – a birthday, recovery date, or for those no longer with us but still in our hearts, a date of remembrance.
Shop This Look: [from Left to Right]
- Golden Thread Strong Survivor Antique Gold Personalized Necklace $75.00 (100% proceeds goes to Stand Up To Cancer research programs),
- Sabinka Pink Party 2019 Cuff Ring $59.00 (25% of purchase price going to BCRF)
- SU2C Devon Leigh Crystal Arrow Stud Earrings (gold) $9.97 (100% proceeds goes to Stand Up To Cancer research programs)
- LOKAI Swirl BCRF Bracelet $18.00 ($1 of each sale goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
- Coach Women’s Perry Blush Leather Strap Watch 36mm $125.00 (20% of SRP from sale of product goes to Breast Cancer Research Foundation)